What is the Purpose of a Web Site?
- It is essential to define the purpose of the website as one of the first steps in the planning process.
- A purpose statement should show focus based on what the website will accomplish and what the users will get from it.
- A clearly defined purpose will help the rest of the planning process as the audience is identified and the content of the site is developed.
- Setting short and long term goals for the website will help make the purpose clear and plan for the future when expansion, modification, and improvement will take place.
- Setting a goal practices and measurable objectives should be identified to track the progress of the site and determine success.