- Content evaluation and organization requires that the purpose of the website is clearly defined.
- Collecting a list of the necessary content then organizing it according to the audience’s needs is a key step in website planning.
- In the process of gathering the content being offered, any items that do not support the defined purpose or accomplish target audience objectives should be removed.
- It is a good idea to test the content and purpose on a focus group and compare the offerings to the audience needs.
- The next step is to organize the basic information structure by categorizing the content and organizing it according to user needs. Each category should be named with a concise and descriptive title that will become a link on the website.
- Planning for the site’s content ensures that the wants or needs of the target audience and the purpose of the site will be fulfilled.